How You Can Use Google To Market Your Business Effectively
If you want to Use google to market your business, you’ll realize that it takes time, creativity and countless hours to test your perfect Google advertisement.
However, you don’t have these hours and want multiple ads per ad group to be tested without spending too much of your precious and limited time.
Well, fear not! Google’s Optimization Score is the recommendations section on Google Ads.
The optimisation score provides an assessment of the performance of your Google ads. In addition to the 0-100 percent score, you will see personalised guidelines for optimising your campaigns.
Recommendations for Google Ads help you create better ads on the basis of your campaign targets. With one click, you can apply or reject the recommendations, and your optimization score reflects your changes in order to keep track of your achievements.
This article describes the essentials to improve your advertising strategy and to improve your business results with the Google Ads Optimization score.
What are the recommendations for Google Ads?
Google Ads is an invaluable ad channel; Google Ads are searched by keywords with 65% of clicks (versus just 35 percent for your standard organic keyword searches).
Google Ads recommendations are automatic, tailored suggestions that help publicity companies to get more out of Google Ads. Recommendations often identify ways of improving click-through rates (CTR) or increasing conversions. In other cases, they can help you reach more people or increase your advertising return (ROAS).
Machine learning enables the optimisation score and makes individual recommendations easier. Google analyzes the best performance of your ads and conversion information. It creates variations from there and proposes improvements for you to try.
This process is continuously carried out: Variations are tested, results are processed for the best performers and new variations based on what works are recommended.
This means that your ads are constantly changing.
How to achieve conversion with Google Ads
As they should, advertisers care a lot about conversion! That is, after all, why most ads are available. This is why many recommendations for Google Ads are designed to improve CTR.
Google knows that CLICKING is the critical step between digital advertising and converting. In the case of higher CTR, the conversion rate is usually increased.
Recommendations for Google Ads fall into four main areas:
- Ads & Addresses
- Offers and budgets
Creating and testing public ads for improved performance
Using google to market your business means you need to test different variations to know which ads are the best.
Google has therefore made recommendations on “Ads & Extensions.” You can change existing ads or create new ads within this feature. In order to make a real difference, Google also analyses ad performance.
The second half of the feature provides extensions to your ad. Ad extensions help you get beyond Google Ads’ basics.
Your ads simply consist of three components without extensions:
- Your basic headline
- A URL
- Whatever copy you choose to feature
You can add more substance to your ad by adding links to websites with specific pages, telephone numbers or locations to create more traffic.
The second (with extensions) variation of the two ads is more convincing.
It catches your eyes and makes you wonder: What are these people about? It makes you wonder. What is the social mission of the company? Their curiosity is only satisfied by clicking.
Google examines your current extensions and provides recommendations to improve the performance of your ad.
Suggestions may include adding:
- Call extensions. Provide people with a phone number on your ad to reach you.
- Extensions of prices. Display your price menu to see what and how much you are selling.
- Extensions link to the site. You can add links to the Webpages in your ad.
- Extensions of structured snippets. A short list of important information, such as specific services, brands or styles, can be provided in this extension.
- Extensions of the app. Use this to highlight and change your mobile app to quickly download.
For conversion, what does that mean?
If you want to Use google to market your business, the messages and extensions contained on your ad are important to get correct, because they are the first thing people are going to see. It is important that your advertisement is attractive.
- To boost conversion: you can use Ads & Extensions recommendations.
- Decreasing friction. Adding a telephone number, for example, enables people to contact you immediately after seeing their ad.
- CTR Increase. By providing interesting links and also by working with certain ad changes, you make your announcement more informative and engaging.
- Emphasis on the services offered. You can add prices and menu items to your ad using the interface listed below. This enables people to ensure that what they are looking for is your company. Probably they will more likely convert if they click on your ad.
Spread your ad’s reach
Google Ads recommendations include a “Keywords & Targeting” category to help you optimise your reach.
The search terms which bring people to your publicity are the keywords. You may be able to:
- Enter keywords. These are the terms which show your ad when you search Google. The better you can link keywords to your ad, the greater the performance of your ads.
- Choose the keywords “negative.” These meet the exact opposite purpose: as a result of these search conditions, your ad will NOT appear. Negative keywords are a good way to ensure that no irrelevant searches of your ad appear.
- Remove the redundant keywords. Keywords are considered redundant if they are in the same ad group, or bid strategies or match types, (ad groups are multiple ads which share a similar theme with keywords). Your keywords need to be relevant but diverse to expand their reach.
Remove keywords which don’t work well. Keywords that are not working well do not have any value. If a year has gone by since a keyword created impressions, Google will flag and suggest you remove those keywords.
Google Ads Recommendations Targeting is another component of this category.
Recommendations for the audience could include:
Using google to market your business means that your target audiences has to be specified. You should specify your audiences in order to have your ads in front of the right people. Google can allow you to choose audiences that are based on buying habits, searching activities (such as searching for the same product or service) (this is remarketing).
Adding dynamic text to custom ads. This feature updates the text of your ads automatically based on certain parameters like your time, certain keywords, or even the device from which someone views the ad.
For conversion, what does that mean?
If you want to use google to market your business, achieving drive conversion is important. More reach means more conversion indirectly. You cannot, however, simply increase the overall reach and call it a day. You have to develop a targeting strategy to put your ad in front of people who are interested in what you sell.
You can do this to improve conversion:
Make your target audience more specific. The better you put your ad in the right section, the better the opportunity to convert. The better you get. Do so by creating audiences which reflect your audience’s interests and habits and/or a re-targeting strategy.
Concentrate on the keywords which fit the target audience. As many keywords as possible should pop up for your ad. Do this with proven performance ad groups and keywords.
Build a campaign for smart displays. Campaigns on smart display modularize your ad. All the components of your publicity (your headline, logos or other pictures, extensions) will be plugged in and Google will determine whether you can display your ad. Intelligent displays can increase the conversion by 20 percent (without spending more money!)
Bid more intelligently
For using google to market your business, you can choose keywords to apply. Google performs some calculations when a user queries a keyword to apply for. First, it completes all the ads which are most relevant to this keyword. It then determines which of these advertisements has the highest offer.
“Ad auction” wins the ad with the most relevant and highest offer.
The third category of Google Ads recommendations, “Offers & Budgets,” can optimise your tendering strategy. This can affect the surface of your ads for relevant keyword searches.
Recommendations for bidding may include:
Update the budget for your ad. You can increase or decrease your publicity expenses (with a successful campaign still running!). Google will make budget changes and at the same time find ways to achieve your campaign objectives (e.g. conversion, CTR, or cost-per-acquisition).
Reassignment of budgets for campaigns. If one of your advertisements doesn’t use all its budgets, while another requires more expenses constantly, you can automatically allocate budgets to ensure that each ad gets what it needs to do.
User device adjustment of offers. You might find that desktop ads work better than mobile ads. You can make your maximum bids for the ads displayed by desktop users with budget priority accordingly.
For conversion, what does that mean?
The second core of your advertisement is bidding (the other component being relevance). This part of the equation must be correct, or your conversion chance will plummet dramatically.
Fortunately, Google Ads recommendations may help you increase your performance by enabling you to pursue the right business objectives based on your priorities:
- Max conversions. Drive as many conversions in your fixed budget as possible. This is a good alternative to campaigns that are restricted on budgets.
- Maximize the value of conversion. Drive the conversion value within your budget as much as possible. Use that if your campaigns are limited in budget and you track each conversion’s unique value.
- Objective CPA. Conduct as many transformations as you can while maintaining your target acquisition costs (CPA). This is a good campaign bidding strategy, which does not restrict budgets and where each conversion for your business is valued equally.
- Objective ROAS. Conduct the highest possible conversion value while maintaining your target ad return (ROAS). This is the strategy that is recommended if the budget of your campaigns is not restricted and conversion to Google Ads passes.
Stay on top of account health
The 4th and last category of the Google Ads Recommendations is to stay on top of the health account “Repairs.” By flagging problems like broken links or by letting you know whether your ad has been rejected, you maintain your account healthy.
“Repairs” is the fourth and final category of Google Ads recommendations. They keep your account in good health by flagging issues such as broken links or letting you know whether your ad was rejected.
Disapproval can occur if an ad contains inadequate content or plagiarism or if it makes unfounded sweeping statements such as: “We are the world’s #1 croissant company!”
The quality of posted ads is maintained by Google. Here is how to get Google approval process through if you’re worried about getting your posts approved.
For conversion, what does that mean?
It is imperative to always be on the lookout for broken links and approvals to monitor your publicity. However, it can be easier said than done when you are working on a larger multi-channel campaign publicity.
Google Recommendations Repair category is useful to verify that your ads account is well managed and operates properly in an internal auditing process.
Stay informed of your account problems. You need to know this if your ads are rejected. First, to update a new ad, and second, to ensure that you know what’s wrong, therefore helping you make better ads in the future.
Maintain low friction. If your ad links are broken, the conversion path leads to friction. Knowing that links don’t work can help to make your experience more seamless.
Should I use the optimization score for Google Ads?
Google’s optimizer scoring recalls that ad performance does not necessarily involve spending more money; building a smarter advertising strategy and better ads is the key to conversion.
The fact is that no single winning ad has been published. There is no budget strategy to be adhered to forever.
Your advertising approach must be smooth and yet calculated. This will take both time and not necessarily manually to identify, implement, and track your overall progress with your optimization scoring using Google Ads recommendations automatically.
Do you want to increase your google ads reach? Book a call with one of our business experts here.